Receiving visitors for the post or content created to a website is called web traffic. Mostly web traffic is measured in terms of visits or “sessions,” and is a common way to measure the rank and popularity of websites and web portals. The more traffic the more effectiveness of that portal. Web traffic is often determined by the number of unique or new visitors a website receives.
In Nepal there are 10 websites that receive major web traffic:
Source: Alexa Ranking
Here are some of the methods that help to increase web traffic to a website.
- Implementation of Good Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is the way to market the contents of a website to search engines like google, bing etc. Search engines use computer programmed systems ‘bots’ to crawl pages on the web, going from site to site, collecting information about those pages and putting them in an index. The more contents are indexed the popular website will be in search engines.
- Write great and appealing Content: Content is king. As long as you create great and appealing contents on your site or blog, you’ll keep the visitors coming back for more and more. Better the better the engagement of your visitors. Once visitors starts returning back for your contents your autopilot module kicks off.
- YouTube Video or Tutorials: YouTube is a great resource for driving free organic traffic to a website. It is a product from google itself so the linkage ecosystem is well managed. It is the second most popular search engine in the world, gaining exposure on YouTube could be huge source of organic traffic. Creating high-quality content for youtube and connecting them to the website results in great traffic visits.
- Posting contents on user-centric platforms like Quora and Medium: Quora and Medium are great places for driving traffic. Answering the queries on the forum lets you put a link for the website. Similarly, Medium is a great place to promote your contents websites and get paid at the same time.
- Go Social: Social media are great places for traffic engagement and traversal. Social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter are the most popular traffic hotspots. Half of the global population is connected through social media. Adopting social presence is subject to a great opportunity.
- LinkedIn’s Publishing Platform: LinkedIn’s publishing platform is a great method for marketing the content that’s already on your website. Posting a job vacancy at linkedIn is a great way to influence readers and increase traffic.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is a great way to drive traffic to promote any offers, but it also means the targeting is quite complex. Creating and managing lead magnet and build a sales funnel is quite complex as user behaviour is untraceable.
- Influencers and Micro Influencers: Influencers and micro influencers are new trend setters of marketing. Group of youths are being diverted to their product and services.
Other methods of web traffic increment are as follows:
- Updating “Expired” Content On Your Website
- Creating Free Online Courses
- Creating and sharing high quality infographics
- Mobile Usability Focus
- Managing Cache and CDN’s
- Creating Free Webinars
- Redditing the contents
There are some paid method to increase web traffic as well:
Paid Traffic Methods
- Using Publishers platforms: Outbrain, Taboola, Adsterra etc are paid contents promotion platforms. These sites promote content across thousands of other similar websites across the internet for a fee.
- Paid Ads: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and similar other platforms offer paid marketing of your contents. As long as your offer is enticing enough, you can convert that traffic into sales with a great sales offer and can scale up this marketing for unlimited sales.
- Influencers Marketing: Influencer marketing is a great way to get your message out to millions of people without having your own large audience. You can invest influencers on Twitter, Instagram and any number of other social networks for their traffic to be driven. This is not the cheap way but sure the brands endorsed by influencers are more in the eyes of their followers.